Thursday, November 28, 2002

I Am Thankful for Rag Mama and crackers

I wish my site had an email link. I just do.

Today is Thanksgiving...technically. I write this at 2:17 in the AM, and I am a tad tired, listening to wierd glitchy Joe Cocker on my tiny pocket radio-walkman. I will go home and eat food and talk and play Excitebike later this day. I am bringing a couple Japanese refugees home with me, so that should be an interesting change. Earlier today I was thinking about all the Japanese students that aren't going anywhere to celebrate Thanksgiving. Even though they normally wouldn't in their native country, it's obvious that they feel left out. They will just stay here in Corvallis and do nothing special. Pilgrims and turkeys and indians and pillaging and blunderbusses have no meaning to them. Hm. Oh well. At least some of them are joining in the festivities. I'm harbouring my friends, and I heard Sekko was going to Detroit for the holiday. Kick out the jams, motherfucker.

A cool song just came on. "Rag, mama, rag....We can lay in my sleepin bag...Dog eat dog, cat eat mouse, you can rag, mama, rag all over my house..." I'm assuming he's saying rag. "Rag your skinny little body back home." Ah, the poetry of 70s blues-rock.

I went to church on Sunday. I needed to visit a worship site for my "Quest for Meaning" religion class, so Nick Masog agreed to take me to his Catholic church. It was pretty churchy, nothing too outrageous. At the end, the (Spanish) priest ate a big cracker and drank a cup of wine. Then people came out and stood in front of him with tupperware containers holding smaller crackers, and there was a guy with a big cup of wine. Then all the attendees stood up and got in line to take some of the food and drink. I declined; people were obligated to say something upon taking the food, and I was afraid saying "thanks for the Jesus" wasn't the password.

I s'pose that's all for now. The word of the day is 'topcoat'. Try to use it sometime today.

No comments: