Monday, November 25, 2002

My Body's Strange Geography

I apologize for my period of silence. I've been having trouble finding time to spend with my friend Internet. There are a number of things I could write about, but I will choose one for today and write about the others later.

I have a big...thing on my elbow. You might say it is "bulbous". I noticed it yesterday at work, when my coworker Lance said "Dude, what did you do to your elbow?" It's as if the skin on my elbow just decided to grow a little hill. Anyway, everyone who saw it reacted with "oooh" or "eeeek" or "ouuuuch," so I decided to go to the local student health services. It turns out I have cancer. Aa ha! Kidding! Kidding! No, actually, after the nurse said "I've never seen that before. I'd better give you to urgent care," I went to see a jolly old doctor who said it is a simple skin irritation. He gave me a prescription for some skin lotion and I went skipping home, but I didn't actually skip. So that was my little adventure over the past day or two. I am fine, and the little hill on my arm is fine also.

Makiko quote of the day:
"Do you hear my stomach voice? I think it is dangerous." -You got me. We were talking about how skinny I am.

No comments: