Sunday, November 17, 2002

Leo Magnus

Today I was walking when a letter fell to me from the sky. To my joy, I read on the envelope that it was from my friend Leo Magnus, who holds a minor position on Mount Olympus. Let's read:
------------------------------------------------------------
To My Friend Brett,

Geetings! I finally found an ounce of free time to write to you. I've been enjoying the entries on your dubbed "shitty little web site"; as you can imagine, we are blessed with a lightning-fast connection speed here at Olympus, so I am able to browse the furthest reaches of the web at ease.

I hope these days find you well. The winter days grow gloomy and bite with a bitter chill, but do not let it get you down, my friend! In response to your question, we usually abstain from Christmas celebrations here, but every once and a while we might indulge in a little good humor and set up a tree, and in such instances light gift-giving doth ensue. Last year I presented Zeus with a hat by Bernhard Willhelm, but I'm afraid it was ill-recieved (a little too modern for his likes).

Most every night Bacchus (Dionysus, as you folks know him) holds a grand party at his house, and it is rare a morning when he, Komos and I cannot be seen stumbling throught he streets with spilling goblets. And, yes, Bacchus is a Heineken man.

I'm glad to hear about your new employment. It doesn't sound that unlike my own. I, too, mop floors and clean tables, but I would imagine it is on a much grander scale than that of your workplace. Refilling fruit bowls from the garden is always a delight; those grapes you've heard and read about really are as good as they say. On my free time I most often hangeth out with Apollo. He is certainly a charming young chap, and he plays a mean guitar.

I enjoyed your writings about music. It's good to hear Momus has made a name for himself in your favor; I personally think "The Poison Boyfriend" is his best. Lately I have been listening to the likes of Kid 606. His records may be sparse, but you should give his work a listen if the chance such emerges.

Well, I will cease my pen for now. A nimph has gone taken my latte. Such tricky little bastards, they! I will write again once I find something more to write about.

Sincerely,
Leo Magnus
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, how about that. Heineken.




No comments: