Friday, November 08, 2002

Whitey was a proud, grand sheep. He had award-winning wool, and was quite a celebrity throughout the barnyard community. Farmer Carl always made sure that Whitey was well taken care of, giving him the best grain and home-grown vegetables to keep him strong and healthy. But while Whitey was proud and grand, he had a dark secret. All his life, whitey had been hopelessley attracted to Buster, a strong, masculine ram. Whenever Buster was around, Whitey was unable turn his wierd, squinty eyes away. Whitey could never express his homosexual sheep-feelings; what would the other animals say? What would happen to his carreer in livestock showing if eveyone knew he was queer? --------

So I read an article in the school paper today about the whole "nerves determining the sexual preferences of sheep" thing, and I laughed out loud every time I saw the phrase "homosexual sheep" printed on the page. Maybe I'm just immature. But this whole idea got me thinkin; if sheep can be gay, does that mean other animals can be gay? Can there be gay cats? Can there be gay bears? Gay birds? Gay elephants? Gay fish? Gay BUGS?? Heh. Now THERE'S a picture to put on the front page. Two male bees humping each other. Now I want a t-shirt that says "gay bees".

Alright, this is getting out of hand, and I'm not really making any kind of point. I'd better stop now.

No comments: