Sunday, April 13, 2003

I Went to Bed at 4

So I was at this small hotel that someone lived in, and a party was going on. I went with Andy and we didn't really like any of the people there, so we left to a room with a bunch of potted plants and ceramic knick-nacks. I said something like "Does an old lady live in this place?" Andy broke out his new portable gaming system which sucked because there was only one program; a collection of short, unsatisfying games. We played a couple and they did, indeed, suck. Tristan came in with some girl, but Andy and I didn't care to meet her. Then we began playing some fantasy-knight/adventurer-vs.-dragons-and-wizards type game, and it wasn't too bad. We played it for hours, and most of the party people went home, and the folks remaining joined us with the game. Then I was playing the game, and I died, and the game was over. Everyone was pretty bummed out. Then I was in the game, a villain, telling the supreme evil wizard who may have been David Bowie that the hero had been killed. The supreme evil wizard then told me of his new idea to stop being so dark and gloomy all the time, and he had decided to bring sunshine to the evil scary land we lived in. But another villain, a little devil-girl, pleaded to wizardbowie not to raise the sun because the sunshine would hurt her. I remember thinking she was stupid. Wizardbowie didn't care, and up came the sun. The devil-girl started screaming and ran back into the gothic castle in which we hung out. I went in and tried to comfort her, and there may have been some kind of past relationship between us, but then a bunch of old fisherman came in and said they wanted to go crabbing. I went with them down to the docks and we threw in our rings and talked about fishing and such. I remember pulling out a bunch of already cooked crab legs and we just squeezed lemon on them and ate them, shell and all. David Bowie was singing "Dancing in the Street", and the old men were laughing at him.

I think this dream was inspired by my trip to the coast with Andy and Tristan, Rumina's "Dragon Quest V" obsession, and the Mick Jagger/David Bowie video for "Dancing in the Street". By the way, that was a good radio show last night, shitdogs.





No comments: