Thursday, February 13, 2003

Thought 3

COWBOY: Howdy!
ADAM: Howdy to you.
COWBOY: Beautiful night.
ADAM: Yeah.
COWBOY: Sure want to thank ya for drivin' all the way up to see me from that Beverly Hills Hotel.
ADAM: No problem. What's on your mind?
COWBOY: Well now, here's a man who wants to get right down to it. Kinda anxious to get down to it are ya?
ADAM: Whatever.
COWBOY: A man's attitude ... a man's attitude goes some ways toward how a man's life will be. Is that somethin' you agree with?
ADAM: Sure.
COWBOY: Now... did you answer cause you thought that's what I wanted to hear or did you think about what I said and answer cause you truly believe that to be right?
ADAM: I agree with what you said...truly.
COWBOY: What did I say?
ADAM: That a man's attitude determines to a large extent how his life will be.
COWBOY: So since you agree I guess you could be a person who does not care about the good life.
ADAM: How's that?
COWBOY: Well, just stop for a little second and think about it. Will ya do that for me?
ADAM: Okay, I'm thinking.
COWBOY: No. You're too busy being a smart aleck to be thinkin'. Now I want ya to think and quit bein' such a smart aleck. Can ya do that for me?
ADAM: Look ... where's this going? What do you want me to do?
COWBOY: There's sometimes a buggy. How many drivers does a buggy have?
ADAM: One.
COWBOY: So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy. You fix your attitude and you can ride along with me.
ADAM: Okay.

(taken from the pilot episode script. Script provided by www.script-o-rama.com)

No comments: