Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Are the Thousands Well-Spent?

Five minutes ago I failed my socialogy course. There are three exams for the course, and the oh-so-just instructor stated on the first day that if we recieve a grade less than 40 on any one of the exams that we would not be eligable for a passing grade in the course. I just took the first midterm. The first two pages I left a couple answers blank, the next page I left half blank and half with guesses, and the last page or two are almost completely blank because he said "Time's up. Turn them in" after 50 minutes. It wasn't multiple choice; we were expected to write in "complete sentences, and give examples- who, what, when, where, why examples." I guess that a half inch for every question is enough to write such an essay, but strangely enough, I had some trouble.

So it looks like I failed the course. I used to have an interest in sociology, but that doesn't matter now because I failed. I was seriously considering majoring in sociology, but so much for that because I failed. It doesn't matter that I attended every class, because I failed. It doesn't matter that I spent 2 hours on Monday and 3-4 hours last night studying sociology, because I failed. It doesn't matter that the oh-so-just intructor stated "3/4 of the class usually does fine on the exams," because I failed. Apparently, in spite of the reading, the studying, the listening, and the silly thoughts like "huh, this is interesting," I really know nothing about sociology. Wow. I just love the education system, because one finds out so much about himself. And it is oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just. Oh-so-just.

No comments: