Friday, October 15, 2004

"I'm non-stop. I'm a rececar in the fuckin red."

Last night I went up to Portland with Chado and Joel-san where we met up with Aaron-kun and went to see the Eagles of Death Metal. For $5! Can you believe it? They were a good live band, seemingly aware that their time is short so they should have fun while they can. During the musical festivities Joel and I drank a bit, ordering a couple turkey&cokes which prompted the bartender to warn us "this'll burn your faces off." But I think I still have my face.

After the show we got some donuts. "I need a Portland cream" I said to a counter man. Then, back on the street, Aaron's roommate put his shirt in his pants and we all had a hearty chuckle. Later on at Aaron's we witnessed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' video for "Y Control", which rocked our socks. Little kids playing with a dead dog. Yes, you must watch, kids.

Even later on Joel drank a bunch of beer courtesy of some guy he called 'Tom', and then we sat on the porch like a bunch of old-timers and many an R-rated story were told. Then a certain young man puked and peed on everything.

We returned to Corvallis around 6:30am, and I slept through Japanese. But all was well, for I went to the coffee shop and got free coffee and chocolate cake. I couldn't find any good pictures of the band, so here's this.

I think he's dead. Thanks for reading!

No comments: