Monday, December 16, 2002

Lost Words of the Telephone Music Foreigners

Yesterday I spent an hour writing a nice long post. I hit the 'publish' button and a "page not found" screen came up. All my words were lost forever. So I am apologizing on behalf of the damn Blogger site.

I don't feel like trying to remember what I wrote about yesterday, so I don't really know what to talk about. I've been making some beautifully strange music on the Music-Generator, and I'm recording all my experiments onto an "experiment tape" so that I can listen to it and share it with you people. I wonder if anybody else in the world uses the MG as much as I do. I wonder if anyone else bought the damn thing. I guess all the "real" musicians use computer software nowadays, but until I have a state-of-the-art laptop and the money left over to buy that friggin software I am content with my little lo-fi recordings. You could say I'm being an original, for better or for worse.

My phone company is all fuckin with me and my phone line is fucked and all the line shit stuff. So I can't connect to the internet from my apartment at the moment. I must brave the harsh weather and trek to the library to conduct my web business. Oh well; it's an excuse to get out.

Oh yeah- I went to the bon-voyage parties, and now all of my 'temp' friends have gone back to the land of the rising sun. So I would like to give a shout-out to Makiko, Mari, Setsuko, Kanako, Shiori, Naoko, Akiko, the other Akiko, Yukari(?), Mayu, Risa, Aiko, Kanoko, the other Kanoko, Yuko, Yukiko, Seiko, that guy I mixed drinks with, that guy I tried to juggle with, all the Megumis that left, Naomi, the disheveled guy, and Kenske...no, wait, Kenske's still here. Fare thee all well in thine homeland.

No comments: