Thursday, December 12, 2002

Finito!

I finished my last final about 5 minutes ago. I thought it really cheap that my Japanese instructors included questions over the particle words "wa", "ga", and "o" on the exam, considering NO ONE in that class knows how to use them, but none of you know or care what I'm talking about, so I'll move on.

So let's see; estimated grades for each of my tests:
World Religions- C
Psychology- C
Music- D (hopefully)
Japanese- B

There you have it, my predictions. Captain's Claws Damage Boats.

I considered yesterday writing a whole thing about how failing the music course may forever smash my confidence in that subject, as that is what happened with photography those years ago, but I decided not to. I'm trying not to think about that course. I'm trying to accept the fact that music theory is my enemy, hanging on to my confidence that I could write an entire opera without ever taking a blind shot at how may flats a diminished triad has. I've been making some very pleasing sounds with my beloved music-generator lately, and that's reassuring me that I need not worry about the 6th letter of the alphabet. Of course, maybe I'm just bitter, and maybe I'm just trying desperately to prepare myself in case I am impaled with a big sharp F. After all, it is my PARENTS who will ensure that I percieve it as a personal failure rather than just academic. I, truthfully, couldn't care less...

But anyway, fuck school. I won't let it win. Today and tomorrow I will be spending time with all the wonderful friends I have met over the past few months who must travel back to the land of the rising sun. There, more stories will be told about the "okasii" American who taught forgotten English and drunkenly tried to decipher engrish t-shirts. And even more pictures of me will be floating around Japan. There must be over a hundred by now, pictures of me looking confused, pictures of me looking white, pictures of me holding up one finger as opposed to the traditional Japanese two (heh heh). Aah, but my friends! I will miss them. I've learned- and laughed -so much while hanging out with them. Hopefully I will keep in touch with all of them; they certainly were diligent in collecting every bit of contact information I could give.

So yeah. I see a lot of people here in the library waiting to use a computer, so I guess I will let them. I will try to write whenever I get the chance over this Christmas vacation, which may be often or not at all, but damned if the metal machines don't do that the way Joseph did on his birthday yaught. Biznatch!



No comments: