Tuesday, December 03, 2002


Ladies and gentleman, I am sick. Right now I feel like someone vaccumed out all of my insides and filled me up with hot water. There is a strange squeezing sensation on my head, and my nose burns every time I inhale. Natsuki, don't worry about it. You didn't do it on purpose...I don't think...and it's only a cold. I will be fine. Nothin' to go sleepin' in the Mississippi over!

Today in my Japanese drill the instructor (we get to say 'sensei') took out a small motorized massager to incorporate into the class conversation. She was trying to explain what it was and said "You use it on your neck and head and it gives you..." Not thinking, I blurted out "cancer," to which everybody laughed with their hands over their mouths. This is proof that the cancer joke is not dead, and it is alive and well for anyone daring enough to use it.

No comments: