Thursday, January 26, 2006

Los Angeles, pt. 2


We made a trip to Amoeba Music, a big damn CD and record shop. They had obscure experimental albums by Sachiko M, but amazingly they did not have the new Phiiliip record. I left with a used copy of Rain Dogs by Tom Waits.


We got all nostalgic talking about all the G.I. Joe movies we used to make, so we decided to make a new one. It was filmed on location in such exotic LA locales as Compton, El Segundo, Long Beach, and the Miracle Mile (awww yeeah! Shit, dog!!). The film is currently in post-production in Hollywood.



The final scene of the movie was filmed on the roof of our cousins' place, where there is an incredible view of the whole area (can you find the Hollywood sign?). I should point out that their roommate Phil is not in costume for the movie- he just always dresses like a lounging cowboy.



While browsing they boys' extensive record collection, I discovered that, apparently, I was a member of Kraftwerk. I did some research and found some more evidence:

There I am, and...

...there I am again, in lipstick. How about that? Another lost detail of my past, now unearthed.

to be concluded...
.

No comments: