Thursday, February 02, 2006

Los Angeles pt. 3


I got all dressed up and went in for a group interview with the AEON people. The group interview pretty much consisted of all the applicants giving 5-minute practice lessons which we had prepared ahead of time. It was awkward, but strangely fun. For my 5, I split everyone up into pairs and had them create short dialogues. I did alright, but apparently not alright enough, because I didn't get called back for an individual interview. So I suppose the Japan scheme is out, for now. But not all was lost...

...In my Donald Trump outfit, I got some grub from a small taco shop after the ordeal. And it was good.



Us cousins went to Dan's practice space and did some jamming and recording. Because no trip to LA is complete without the rock'n roll.



Dan gave me a tour of his workplace, where they record the sound for movies and such. He's met such big fookin' celebrities as Bill Murray, Kirsten Dunst and the directer of Ringu. While I was there, some dudes were working on the sound for the new Jackie Chan (or was it Jet Li?) movie in a big theater with control panels. Then I read some lines for the upcoming "Martian Zombie Jetfighters...in Chains".


That sign.



On our last day we had a big super breakfast, complete with vomiting chicken.
Massive props go to Dan (on the left) and Wes (the other guy) for housing and hosting us. And to Phil and Aaron, while I'm at it. Oh, and to Ann for those magic quesadillas.
.

No comments: