Tuesday, November 11, 2003

things fall apart.

This computer's getting sassy. I think I need to defragment it or kick it or something.

And the damn old messenger won't move out. I downloaded the new version, but the old one won't pack up his things and go. I removed his program from my system and even deleted his shortcut, but he still won't leave. Everytime I get online he starts up on his own and pushes the new messenger out of the way. I always have to sign out on him and sign in on the other, and it's a genuine pain in the ass. The most frustrating thing is that I can't exit him. I try to exit and my computer tells me "Duuuuh, you're using other applications that are, like, using his features." (This, of course, is not true; I think the old messenger pays my computer to say that.) It's like he refuses to go to bed. He just sits on my desktop all the time with a little 'x' in front of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually a little software spy sent by Bill Gates. Damn nerd! Take your little instant messenger away! He's not wanted here!!

And the radio station screwed me over. I did the apprenticing, I took the test and found a spot for my show, like I was told to, and waited for the people to contact me and tell me what week I start. They never contacted me. One night I went by the station and looked at the big schedule board, and some other guy has my spot now. ALL the spots are taken. I have no show. It was nice of them to email me and tell me, which they didn't.
The lesson I learned from all this is that it is better to do your brother's radio show illegaly than to go through all the training to get your own.

Anyhoo, more news later.

No comments: