Tuesday, October 28, 2003

birthdays and laws and celebrations and halloweens and tests.

Man, there's just too much going on this week. I feel like it might explode. Weeks can only hold so much.

I forgot (and I'm kicking myself...really!) that Oct 24 was the one-year-hoopla of this very eblo. That's right; the Cloy Harlequin is one year old. I want you all to celebrate by saying "I'll be damned!" wherever you are right now. Or just post a comment; that thing's gathering cobwebs.

Then there's my birthday, coming up here in about 2.5 hours. I should enjoy this last bit of being 20, even though I know I cannot because I have to study for my Japanese final tomorrow. Being 20 doesn't get enough recognition, just because it is the year before 21, which is when an American becomes magically able to drink responsibly (see my sarcasm-soaked birthday post from last year). I feel like if 21 wasn't such a big deal, 20 would be like the new millenium of birthdays, signifying one's departure from the teenage years and all that is carefree into a world of expectations and responsibility. Everyone would celebrate that and go crazy and such. But no, 21 is when you get to drink, because no one ever drinks before they are 21. Whutevr.

Then there's good ol Halloween, but I will wait to address that on Friday. Ta for now.

No comments: