Wednesday, October 22, 2003

beanbag war syndrome.

I just thought I'd comment on the subject of how Andy, Tristan and I used to beat each other with bean bags and pillows and such, in response to them posting about it on their respective sites.

So Tristan would scare us sometimes. When he put on that blindfold and picked up the beanbag, he would transform. He would exorcise his inner demons through the large bag of beans. Sometimes, while Andy and I would be consistently uttering things like "who's over here?" and "take this...no, wait...AAUUGH!", Tristan would just be silent, waiting for the time to strike. I pictured him - since I had a blindfold on I couldn't see, right? - anyway, I always pictured him sitting perfectly still, feeling the vibrations and honing in on the sounds, and maybe rubbing mud on his face like war paint.

There's the time he broke Andy's shelf while in one of his berserker rages. We have it on film. You see me, crawling to avoid the swinging bean bag as it gets closer and closer. I get cornered by the shelf and just try to shield my head from the impending blow. Tristan swings and swings and gets closer and closer. Then he swings and there is a "CRASH", and items from the shelf as well as pieces of the shelf itself are seen flying through the air. Then I yell out in terror, thinking that I am next (luckily the battle was put on hold due to the damaged furniture and Andy's mom wondering what the noise was). Thinking back, I kind of look like a Vietnam POW in the video, cowering in the corner with a blindfold on.

Sometimes I have flashbacks when I'm in the middle of class, and I fall on the floor yelling "No! No! Tristan, you're still a man, you ain't no animal!! Andy's dead, man! Don't kill me!!" Well, maybe. Maybe I just made that up.

No comments: