Monday, August 25, 2003

Pt. 3: Ninja High School

Here I am again. I added a little to the last post, as I was a bit rushed earlier. Also, I forgot to mention something very important in my last postings: IT'S HOT HERE. Everyone tries to stay indoors because the air is so humid, heavy and hot. The outside is one big sauna, and it doesn't cool off at night, either.

Anyhoo, I've decided that want to open a ramen place in Oregon. I told Natsuki that if there was one Japanese ramen restaurant in Corvallis I would eat there every day. Y'all have no idea! Ya don't! The ramen here is so good! Byegyeyjahjagaaa!

Yesterday we picked up Chiaki (Natsuki's sister) from the airport. She flew in from Tokyo, where she is going to college. She is very nice; while Natsuki was at the byooin (hospital) to have a rash looked at, Chiaki took me for a little walk around the town. We went to the high school which she and Natsuki had attended and bumped into Saiyuri, Natsuki's friend whom I met a few days ago. I saw all the boys and girls in their uniforms, and they all looked a little surprised at seeing me, but in spite of feeling a bit out of place I found it all very interesting. It was cool to see a real Japanese high school after seeing them animated and drawn in countless cartoons and comics.

Also, a few days ago I visited a super modern Bhuddist temple, and got some great shots of it. I best go now; something crazy is on TV.

No comments: