Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Music Showcase with John Louie

Sunday I saw Clem Snide, the Long Winters, and the Carolines at the Wow Hall. Here's the rundown:

The Carolines- sucked
The Long Winters- better, but kind of sucked
Clem Snide- good, but I'd never buy their albums

There was, of course, a superfan up in front rocking out to Clem Snide. Normally I don't mind it when a guy rocks out to a band, but it was Clem Snide. They don't rock out. They reflect, they express, they emote, they play well crafted country-rock. They don't really kick out the jams. But hell, this guy did, and even ended up onstage singing a duet with the lead guy. So good for him.

I suppose superfans always feel that they have the right to slam-dance at their favorite band's shows. I wouldn't be surprised if I went to a Yanni concert and saw a long-haired guy in flannel up against the stage bangin' his head.


No comments: