Sunday, October 27, 2002

Ouija bored

Today I worked. I worked for 6 hours, 1.5 of which were spent discussing the Ouija Board with one of my coworkers. He told me the stories his friends had told him, spooky tales of using the occult Parker Brothers product and experiencing supernatural occurrences. I told him about taking my grandmother�s board when I was 9 and attempting to summon spirits by myself. Nothing happened, and I have been a non-believer ever since.

We came to the conclusion that if the Ouija Board was ever explained it would cease to exist. If it was revealed as having no link whatsoever to the �other side�, and in fact being just a piece of cardboard with a plastic heart-shaped thing, they would stop selling it. If it was somehow proven to have supernatural abilities and the power to summon entities and evoke demonic possession, they would stop selling it. So as long as there are both kinds of people in the world - those who throw it away saying �this thing is retarded,� and those who claim it turned their dog inside out - there will always be a market for the Ouija Board.

Just so you know, after our discussion we surfed the net and found that there is a whole slew of online Ouija Boards, and we both agreed that they are all very stupid. (The thing keeps flying away!)


No comments: