Monday, October 28, 2002

It seems that this term is trying to crush all of my passions. I love music, but my Fundamentals of Music class makes no sense to me. I immerse myself in the people and culture of Japan, yet I am beginning to struggle in my Japanese class. Finally, my Intro to Fiction Writing class is such a pain in the ass that it's making me question my potential as a writer. I can't help but remember getting an 'F' in 9th grade photography and ever since feeling like I have lost my right to pick up a camera. But I think now I am mentally mature enough to know that grades are nothing but malicious letters.

Today I ate lunch with a girl named Makiko, and I am thinking of starting a list of all the bizarre English blunders that she continually spouts. Today's highlights:

"I stepped you!" (after stepping on my foot)
"I am hull." (a mispronunciation of the word "full")
"Happy birthday to tomorrow's Brett!" (attempting to wish me an early happy birthday)

I also bought some white bread today that was only $0.79. Maybe all bread is this cheap and I am just ignorant, or maybe this particular bread is known to suck, but it's cheap!

No comments: