Thursday, November 17, 2005

Louis and Clarck.

Long ago, on this very blog, I wrote this:
Something has been driving me downright looney. Do this: go to the google image search. Type in "bear attack" for the keyword. Search. Look at the very first image. What the hell is that??? The link is broken! You can't go to the site, because IT DOESN'T EXIST! The picture seems to be the remnants of a website that documented a bizarre alternate world of Lewis and Clark, which I have dubbed the Louis and Clarck World of Intrigue and Foreboding. In this alternate dimension, the two adventurers look like scarecrows and they trek across a smooth, featureless landscape, tirelessly pursued by a large, akward man in a bear-dog suit. And what's more, apparently postcards existed of the journey, but I sure wouldn't want such a strange image on my fridge.

Well kids, I today I did the "bear attack" search again, just for old times sake, and found that the picture and its website do indeed work now. Here is the classic picture I was ranting about before:


I also like this one:

Oh no! Lewis is falling! ...Or dancing at a funny angle on the side of a big purple rock. Either way, it's bad.

The origin site sheds little light on these strange "postcards." Anyway, here's the link, if you dare. Wierd Louis and Clarck picture pages.
.

No comments: