Tuesday, April 20, 2004

picture book reading rainbow.

"Change for a dollar? Change? Change for the blind?"
I was just thinking of the confused Yoda quote yetserday, and it was making me laugh.

I recently looked at some cool books. First, there is the one I found late last night here at the Valley Library entitled America's Forgotten Folk Arts. It's basically all about the sometimes wierd, sometimes garish, sometimes creepy but always cool folky style of the early 20th century. Think old carousels and hommade toys and clowns with pointy hats and pointy chins and pointy noses.

The other book I found, in the OSU bookstore, was Fashion Illustration Now. I don't care what anyone says, the artists in this book are some of the best in the world today. And wouldn't you know, I can't remember the names of any of my favorites right now, except Kiraz, because he did the artwork for a Fantastic Plastic Machine album.

If you like cool pictures and art things, you should read these buks. *ba-dam bamp!*


Look out, Joes! A Carousel-Viper!

No comments: