Friday, December 02, 2005

and the gumball cracks.


Paul Klee, "The Place of the Twins"

If you will recall, when I finished my album Synestheseus I mentioned a couple songs that didn't make it on because of techinical difficulties (meaning I either didn't have the proper equipment or the proper equipment wasn't working like it should at the time). Those incomplete songs have remained as mp3s on my computer, being shuffled around and swept up into various files. So yesterday I came across the base instrumental I made for a song called Twin Study, and I decided to finally finish the damn thing. I don't have my electric guitar, my amp, or a proper microphone, so I had to rely on my wits and experimentation. I've put it up on the myspace page.

Yeah, it's a wierd song, but what else would you expect from me? At the time I wrote it, I was inspired by twins and people who's names sounded like 'twin'. Oh, and twin study refers to psychological research on genetics. Do the song's words make sense of these concepts? Goodness no. Good luck deciphering.
.

No comments: