Tuesday, September 27, 2005

this is the new stuff.

I've been rather off the ball recently as far as posting, so I apologize. I was scheduled to move out of my apartment on Wednesday but I arranged to stay until the end of the month, so at least I know I can retain my livelihood for a little longer.

Aside from drumming with The Taste, I was completely musically unproductive over the summer. I gave out some copies of Synestheseus and dinked around on my guitar, but nothing was recorded. I was concerned with other things, like finishing college and subsequently trying to survive. But I am always thinking about musical styles, what they mean, and what I would like to do with them. I am always learning songs and writing new ones. Now that my computer and I are back in Corvallis, I have found some time to record again, and thus I present a new little Caws Pobi song on my newly customized Myspace page.

So now I get to rant about who's been inspiring me lately: Leon Redbone and his mysterious, nostalgic blues-hepcat persona; Django Reinhardt, the jazzy gypsy and probably my favorite guitarist ever; early Momus and his skewed pop-storytelling; Revolver by the Beatles; Tom Waits and his bad self; and good ol' 60s Dylan and his beat-folk.

I must also announce that Captain A and the Sounds of B may be fixin' to blow your minds once again. Keep your ear to the ground, mateys.


.

No comments: