Monday, August 01, 2005

Some links, and my revival.

The other night my roommate Octavio had the idea of starting a website where people could write about dreams they've had and put them on the web. I told him that it would be easy (and free) to just start up a blog and let people email their dreams to us, and we'd put 'em up. And thus, writeyourdreams.blogspot.com was created. I even wrote the little description, which turned out to not be so little, and almost sounds like a drunken rant when you consider I had consumed a bunch of vodka before writing it. Anyway, if you think the idea of an all-dream blog is a good one, feel free to send in your dreams and Octavio will publish them.

Another fun link I have is this picture. It was taken at a Stairway Denied show a couple weeks ago, and if you look in the middle you can see Jose and I getting the Led out. I am applauding, so it looks like I'm about to pound somebody in front of me. Jose can be seen right past my left arm.

I need to post more. During these last couple terms I tended to neglect my little blog due to crippling work loads and general lack of motivation to do anything. I need to get back on the ball, if for no other reason than the cathartic, therapy aspect of blogging. I must continue to "build up a personal mythology, useless for all practical purposes and yet obscurely charismatic." Recently Dennis presented me with a...um...special version of Acid Pro 5.0, so I'll try to make some more music to put up. I think I will offer some more mp3s on my music page before it disappears forever, and then hopefully I will have another website to take its place. I decided Synestheseus is finished. I even made a little working-cover for it, using a doodle from some class notes.



Now I'm all itchin' to make new stuff, different stuff. The Synestheseus period is over, and the results of that musical expedition can be heard on the CD (minus 2 songs that never got finished, but plus 2 songs that weren't originally planned for release). I'm thinking now Caws Pobi will draw more from the real world than from the psychedelic world he's been inhabiting. Thinking more about folky songs, acoustic songs. Not singer-songwriter, mind you. Something noisier, more skewed. Songer-singwaiter, I call it.

There's also the band I'm in, The Taste. Have you heard? We have a show lined up. August 31, we will be playing at the Ash Street Saloon in Portland, with Speaker Rhodes and some band called Systol. Apparently it's $4. Pretty cool, says I. My role in the band, for those of you who don't know, is the drum operator. I hit things rhythmically. I don't write any of the songs, not yet anyway; this is Chad's ship, and I let him wear the captain's hat.

Anyhoo, more stuffs later.
.

No comments: