Wednesday, August 04, 2004

behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber

Right now there is a handful of Japanese students wandering about the library's computer area. They are apparently being led on a tour by Shiho, who helped out in my Japanese class for a term. She is a delightfully pale little thing, with long black hair and eyes like Buddha.

...But I'm getting distracted. A few minutes ago I accidentally mistyped the address of The Flying Wheel and was taken to a "mega site of Bible studies". On the homepage I found links like "Jesus desk" and "Satan's voice", and a picture of Israel. I found the link about cults particularly interesting.

Here, see for yourself: http://www.wehatebrett.logspot.com

If you scroll down on the homepage you will find big pink words announcing "THE SOON COMING CLIMAX", followed by a thorough guide to the end of the world and why you should feel bad about it. And if you happen to make it to the bottom of the page, you will be invited to sign their "guestboo".

I just thought I'd share that with you. By the way, what is a winebibber?


No comments: